Xavier Institute of Social Service – PG Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM) Admissions 2011
Xavier Institute of Social Service Is Offering PG Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM) Admissions 2011
About Xavier Institute of Social Service:
XISS has carved a niche for itself in the cutting edge areas of management education, rural development, social research, consultancy, training and development interventions in the past 55 years of its existence. As a premier management school today, XISS caters to the human resource requirements of the industries, information technology sector and non-governmental organizations. Moreover, the institute has grown as an important resource centre for development sector in this region.
PG Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM) Admissions 2011
The two year Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (Human Resource Management) aims at preparing young men and women to face challenges in the domain of Human Resource Management. Apart from the fundamental theoretical inputs in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations and Human Resource Development, the programme seeks to equip students with practical knowledge and requisite skills to be effective in their profession. Stress is laid on the development of dynamic personality by nurturing in the students, values and attitudes built on the firm edifice of keen social-awareness.
Minimum qualification for admission to the two years full-time post-graduate management programs – PGDM at the Institute is three / four years bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST) in any discipline recognized by Association of Indian Universities. However preference will be given to Engineering, Economics, Commerce, Management and Computer Science graduates and candidates with relevant work experience.
Candidates appearing for final year or final semester of their graduate degree examination in academic year 2011-12 are also eligible to appear for the admission process. Such candidates, if called for interview, should submit the copy of admit card or a letter from the principal of the college where they are studying to that effect. Such candidates if finally selected at XISS, Ranchi must clear their Graduation examination with 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST) by August 2012.
Three stage admission process is followed by the Institute as per the guidelines of AICTE. These stages are
1. All India Management Admission Test
2. Group Discussion
3. Personal Interview
A candidate desirous of seeking admission in the Institute will have to appear in an all India level management admission test organized by XLRI Jamshedpur (XAT 2012 on January 8th 2012. For admission to batches 2012-14, scores of only XAT 2012 will be accepted. Candidates will have to apply online for appearing in XAT 2012 by visiting www.xatonline.net.in and will have to select XISS as affiliated institute.
Based on XAT 2012 scores, candidates who have applied for admission at the institute will be shortlisted and will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview to be held at the institute premises in the month of April 2011.
Total number of seats available in Two Years Full-time Post Graduate Diploma Programmes in Management (PGDM) are seventy five (75) each in Human Resource Management and Rural Management and sixty (60) each in Information Technology, Finance and Marketing Management specialization. Out of the above seats fifty percent seats are reserved for SC/ST and Christian candidates.
Link For Instructions To Fill Application Form For Admission: http://www.xiss.ac.in/Downloads/Application_Form_12-14.pdf
How To Apply:
The Application process is two staged
§ Applying for XAT 2012 at XLRI, Jamshedpur
§ Applying at XISS, Ranchi for admission
1. Candidates desirous of seeking admission at XISS, Ranchi will have to first apply online to XLRI, Jamshedpur for XAT 2012 by visiting www.xatonline. net.in and following the steps on the site. The online application procedure for XAT 2012 has started. It will end on November 30, 2011. Candidate must choose XISS, Ranchi while applying for XAT 2012 in the affiliated institute section. After applying for XAT 2012, candidate will be provided a 6 digit XAT ID, which is required for applying at XISS.
2. Candidate is required to apply separately at XISS, by procuring the application form from the institute or by downloading it from website of the Institute. A candidate can apply for one, two or maximum three specializations. Only one application form is required for applying to one or more specializations.
3. XISS Application form and prospectus can be obtained from the institute counter by paying cash or depositing a bank draft for Rs. 1000/- (for one specialization only), Rs. 1600/- (for two specializations) and Rs. 2000/- (for three specializations maximum).
4. Prospectus and application form can also be downloaded from the Institute website www.xiss.ac.in/
admission.php. The downloaded application form duly filled in should be submitted along with a demand draft for Rs. 1000/- (for one specialization only), Rs. 1600/- (for two specializations) and Rs. 2000/- (for three specializations) drawn in favour of ‘Xavier Institute of Social Service’ payable at Ranchi on any scheduled bank. The candidate should clearly write his/her name on the back side of the Bank Draft.
5. A candidate can apply to a maximum three specializations. If it is found that a candidate has
applied for more than three specializations on two different application forms, then he/she will be barred from the admission process for all the specializations.
6. Application forms and prospectus are available from 1st November 2011 till 10th March 2012. Last date for submission of filled in application forms is 10th March 2012. The form must reach on or before last date. The Institute is not responsible for any postal delay or otherwise non-receipt of the form within the due date.
7. The cut-off qualifying XAT percentile for GD/PI will be decided by the selection committee after declaration of XAT results and on the basis of number of applications received for admissions.
8. The list of short-listed candidates for GD/PI will be displayed on the Institute notice board and website
www.xiss.ac.in/admission.php on 15th March 2012. Further inquiry can be made from the Institute office or by calling 0651-2200873/2204456.
9. Tentative dates for GD & PI is between 9th April to 15th April 2012.
10. In selection of candidates the Institute proceeds on the basis of merit. A separate merit list is however maintained for ST/SC and Christian candidates. Any canvassing by a candidate/guardian to create undue influence on the selection process or committee, will automatically disqualify the candidature.
§ The Administration of XISS, Ranchi reserves the right to change the requirement for admission, course content, fee payable, regulations affecting students or make any other suitable modifications, should these be deemed necessary in the best interest of the students, the institute or the profession.
§ Institute does not permit ragging in any form in its premises or the hostel. The students are advised to refrain from ragging at any place during their study at the Institute. If any student is found to be involved in any act of ragging as specified by UGC/AICTE, disciplinary action will be taken against that student as per the norms of the institute/UGC/AICTE.
§ All matters of dispute will be subject to the legal jurisdiction of Ranchi only.
Last Date To Apply: 10 March 2012
Xavier Institute of Social Service, XISS
All India Council for Technical Education
Post Box No. 7, Purulia Road
Source URL: http://www.xiss.ac.in/PGDMHRM.php