Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology – MBA (Petroleum & Energy Management) Admissions 2011
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Is Offering MBA (Petroleum & Energy Management) Admissions 2011
About Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology:
The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MOP&NG), Government of India set up The Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) at Jais, Dist. Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh through an Act of Parliament (“Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Act 2007″). RGIPT has been accorded the eminence of being an “ Institute of National Importance” along the lines of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT). The Institute is empowered to award degrees in its own right. RGIPT is co-promoted as an energy domain specific institute by six leading Oil Public Sector Units (ONGC, IOCL, OIL, GAIL, BPCL and HPCL) in association with the Oil Industry Development Board (OIDB). The Institute is associating with leading International Universities/Institutions specializing in the domain of Petroleum Technology.
MBA (Petroleum & Energy Management) Admissions 2011
The 2- year MBA programme in Petroleum & Energy Management program offered by RGIPT’s ‘Department of Management Studies’ is designed as a career-oriented program aimed at the Petroleum & Energy sector. The program is designed to facilitate students in understanding, developing, integrating and applying knowledge of both core and specialized areas of management and their concepts and practices in the domain of the Petroleum & Energy Sector. The focus will be to impart extensive training in the various areas of specialization through electives, thereby providing a wide array of career opportunities in the sector. The primary objective of the Faculty of Management Studies is to spawn a cadre of human resource who will acquire the necessary skills and competencies to manage the key positions in various segments of the petroleum sector covering the entire energy spectrum. Apart from offering educational programs of the highest quality at the MBA, Executive MBA and PG Diploma levels, specialized short term continuing education programs will be available in future for working professionals on the emerging business concepts.
1. Minimum 60% in aggregate (55% for SC/ST) in Class 10, Class 12. (Copies of passing certificates and Mark sheets to be attached with the Application Receipt)
2. Bachelor’s degree (4 years duration after 10+2) with 65% marks or C.P.I. of 7.0 in any branch of Engineering/ Technology. Mathematics must be one of the subjects in 10+2. Bachelors Degree must have AICTE recognition. (Photocopy of degree or provisional degree and Mark sheets of all semesters/years to be attached with the Application Receipt) OR Masters degree with 65% marks or C.P.I. of 7.0 in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Environmental Science, Applied Geological Sciences, Operational Research and Computational Science. (Photocopy of degree or provisional degree and Mark sheets of all semesters/years to be attached with Application Receipt)
3. Should have Qualified either in CAT (Nov 09), JMET 2010 or GMAT (After June 2009) (Copy of Admit Card & Score card to be attached along with the Application Receipt)
4. Short listed applicants based on merit will be invited for selection process comprising of Group discussion and personal interview. Reservation policy as per Government of India’s directives.
5. Students will be short listed based on their meritorious academic performance. Not all those satisfying the minimum requirement are likely to be short listed.
Apply Online Link For Admission: http://rgipt.assoftwaregroup.com/admission
How To Apply:
1. Before filling up the online application form please carefully read information available on RGIPT’s website www.rgipt.ac.in (Under Courses) and Keep your DEMAND DRAFT FOR Rs.1000 READY. (Please mention Name, Application No. and Course Applied for on the back of the draft)
2. All communication to the candidate will be to his e-mail address. Therefore please take utmost care in filling up your e-mail address.
3. Once the online form is completed and submitted/ saved, the Application No will be automatically generated and displayed in “Application Receipt” page. Take print of the Application Receipt.
4. Send the “Application Receipt” along with copies of documents listed as Sl. No.7 below to the following address. You may contact for any queries:
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
9th Floor, C/o Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited,
Phone No.: 0120-2474987, 0120-2474919 (Timings 10.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.)
5. Incomplete application or “Application Receipt” received without relevant documents/ Demand Draft shall be rejected.
6. Application Fee of Rs.1000 is not refundable.
7. Documents to be enclosed with “Application Receipt”
a) Demand draft (in original) for Rs.1000 in favor of “Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology” payable at New Delhi (Write Application No. and Name on the backside of the Demand Draft).
b) Admit Card and Score Card of CAT/ JMET/ GMAT (Score Card for GMAT).
c) Class 10th and 12th Certificates & Mark sheets.
d) Copies of First, Second, Third and Fourth year’s mark sheets & Degree (Fourth year’s if available).
e) Work Experience Certificate (If any).
f) Valid Caste certificate as per Central List for OBC, SC, ST category.
g) In respect of OBC Category Non Creamy Layer Certificate and a Self Declaration (To be signed by candidate). Click the following link to download the certificate format www.rgipt.ac.in).
h) Valid certificate for physically handicapped category.
i) Stamp size Photo – 1 No to be affixed on Application Receipt.
Last Date To Apply: 5 December 2011
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, RGIPT
Source URL: http://www.rgipt.ac.in/programmes_offered.htm