PGCHRM Admissions 2010-XLRI
PG Certificate in Human Resource Management (PGCHRM) Admissions 2010 In Xavier Labour Relations Institutes (XLRI) At Jharkhand
XLRI was founded in 1949 by Fr Quinn Enright, S.J. in the Steel City of Jamshedpur. Fr. Enright visualized XLRI to be a partner in the liberation and development journey of the independent India with a vision of “renewing the face of the earth”. Fr. Bill Tome joined hands with him to bring that vision to fruition. Both, together with the other Jesuit companions, worked tirelessly towards translating the Vision “Renewing the face of the earth” into action.
Over many years XLRI has developed its own identity. The hall mark of this identity is, not to walk on the beaten path but to strike new routes; not to benchmark but to be benchmarked, to be second to none but to be the first to respond to the needs of the people and the nation, by taking up the tasks which are bold but necessary which nobody has hitherto taken up.This enterprising and pioneering spirit can be witnessed throughout the history of XLRI.
The Admission process involves the following:
1. XLRI Admission Test
* To get admission to XLRI, candidates have to appear for XAT 2010.
* To register for XAT, candidates have to fill the XAT Form that is available online at www.xlri.edu. Once the candidate logs on to this site, a full set of instructions will appear. The candidate can obtain his/her ID and password by following these instructions. This ID and password are to be indicated for all the future correspondence with the XAT Office, Jamshedpur.
# Application to XLRI
* The application form to apply for XLRI is available only online at www.xlri.edu. The candidate has to first register for XAT and use the XAT ID and password to apply to XLRI. Once the candidate logs on to this site, a full set of instructions will appear guiding the candidates to register for admission to XLRI. NRI/PIO/Foreign candidates who have taken GMAT between 01 January 2008 and 31 December 2009 should register online for applying to XLRI. For online registration visit this site.
How To Apply:
Procedure for Registration and Obtaining Application Form
General instruction for admission to all courses XLRI, Jamshedpur.
1. To get admission into Certificate course through Satellite medium, candidates have to submit the Application Form both Online and Hardcopy, along with one recent passport size photograph pasted in the application form. Candidate has to fill SOP page no 2 (in Hardcopy) of application form.
2. To register/Online Application for the course PGCBM / HRM / SMM courses candidates are requested to click on Apply for Registration.
3. DD details are required to complete the registration processes.
4. A demand draft of Rs. 1000/- drawn in favor “XLRI, Jamshedpur” payable at “Jamshedpur” is required as application fee for each course.
5. The last date for online registration 16th August ’10.
6. The complete application form should reach to “Satellite Office; XLRI, Jamshedpur, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur – 831001″ on or before 17th August ’10.
7. The envelope should super scribed “Application for admission PGCBM / PGCHRM / PGCSMM”.
8. Please mention XSAT ID and your name on reverse side of DD.
9. At the time of application proof of qualification and experience is not required. Credentials will be verified at the time of interview and admission.
A candidate may apply for a maximum of three programmes. Those who apply for multiple programmes may be called for multiple interviews and/or group discussions. The selection criteria for different programmes may differ depending on the nature of the programme. XAT written test will have multiple components and you need to maximize your performance in each of these components. In its pursuit of academic excellence, XLRI actively encourages the students from diverse backgrounds. While preparing the short-listed candidates for the interview, in addition to XAT performance, we may factor in academic ability and the relevant work experience. Besides performance in the personal interviews (and/or group discussions) we also consider XAT performance, relevant work experience, academic ability, extra curricular activities etc. while preparing the final list. XAT 2010 had three sections – `Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning (VA)’, `Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA)’ and `Analytical Reasoning and Decision Making Ability (AR)’. For Personnel Management and Industrial Relations Programme around 650 applicants having more than 92.60 percentile in VA, 80.36 percentile in QA, 84.36 percentile in RA, and overall 95.03 percentile have been shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. For Business Management Programme around 550 applicants having more than 90.13 percentile in VA, 91.31 percentile in QA, 90.01 percentile in RA, and overall 98.02 percentile have been shortlisted for Personal Interview.
* XAT Bulletin and XLRI Prospectus can be obtained from select branches of Axis Bank or from XAT / Admissions Office, XLRI from September 01 to November 30, 2009.
* The last date for the online registration for XAT as well as for XLRI is November 30, 2009.
* Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their application is complete and all the information provided in connection with their application is authentic and accurate.
* XAT will be held on Sunday, January 03, 2010 in 31 cities across the country for all four programmes (BM, PMIR, FPM and GMP).
* The XAT Score Card containing the performance of the candidate in XAT 2010 will be mailed individually to all the candidates.
* The list of short listed candidates for the interview and who subsequently succeed in the selection interviews for admission to XLRI will be posted at www.xlri.edu and www.xlri.ac.in.
Xavier Labour Relations Institutes (XLRI) Jamshedpur
(School of Business and Human Resources)
Circuit House Area (East) P.O.Box 222
Jamshedpur , Jharkhand
Phone-No: 0657-2225506 Extension 419