National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences – Master of Science (MSc) (Psychiatric Nursing) Admissions 2011
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences Is Offering Master of Science (MSc) (Psychiatric Nursing) Admissions 2011
About National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences:
National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), multidisciplinary institute in the area of mental health and neurosciences, was the result of the amalgamation of the erstwhile mental hospital and the All India Institute of Mental Health on 27th December 1974. The Institute was inaugurated by Dr. Karan Singh, the union minister for Health and Family Planning. Establishment of this autonomous body under the societies Registration Act into a frontal area of medical service and research in the country.
Master of Science (MSc) (Psychiatric Nursing) Admissions 2011
Should be a Registered Nurse & Midwife with any State Nursing Registration Council with minimum passing of B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons.Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks from an Institute recognized by INC with minimum of one year experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing as on the day of counseling. Minimum of one year of work experience prior or after post Basic B.Sc. Nursing as on the day of counseling.
Common for all Courses:
The qualifying degrees for all the above mentioned courses should be from a recognized University. For Medical qualification the degree should be recognized by the Medical Council of India. The Candidates should have obtained not less than 55% of Marks in the aggregate of the Master’s degree for non-medical courses.
For Medical course, the candidate should have completed compulsory rotation internship of one year after MBBS or its equivalent recognized by Medical Council of India on or before the date of commencement of course. A certificate to that effect has to be produced. The candidate should have permanent registration with State Medical Council. In case of Candidates who have not completed the Internship and have not registered with any State Medical council, but are selected in the counseling, will not be considered for admission unless the Internship Completion Certificate and the State Medical Council Registration Certificate are produced on or before the date of commencement of course failing which, the seat allotted will be cancelled without any further communication and the Candidate next in the order of Merit in the waiting list will be considered. For Non-Medical courses, candidates should bring the results of their qualifying examination as on the date of Entrance Test.
Apply Online Link For Admissions: http://184.108.40.206/Nimhans/nimhans-nov-2011/
How To Apply:
1. Application forms for all the courses are available online at the NIMHANS www.nimhans.kar.nic.in the applications have to be filled online and submitted online. Printout of the Application Abstract with the latest passport size photograph affixed (in the column provided) along with the Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Director, NIMHANS, Bangalore – 560 029 and relevant enclosures should be sent to the Director, NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560 029 by super scribing the name of the course(s) applied for, on the Envolope without fail.
2. A candidate can apply for a maximum of 4 courses only (Medical & Non- Medical inclusive) provided they are eligible.
3. The Application fee for both Medical & Non-Medical courses is Rs.1000/- per course for General candidates and Rs.750/- per course for SC/ST candidates
4. Foreign Nationals are required to submit their applications through the Diplomatic Channel (through the Ministry of External Affairs). They shall also appear for the common Entrance Test along with the other candidates.
5. Sponsored candidates should submit their application through proper channel and they should also appear for the Common Entrance Test. The candidates should produce the sponsorship certificate in the prescribed format.
6. There will be no entrance test for DPN and DNN Courses.
7. AGE LIMIT: For MD and DPM Courses the age should not be more than 32 years and, relaxable in case of SC/ST Candidates by a maximum of 5 years. For sponsored candidates age should not be more than 45 years.
Incomplete applications, applications without enclosures i.e., for Medical courses: Final year Mark Sheet, Attempt, Internship Completion, Registration Certificates and 10th Standard Marks sheet. Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC category. Non Medical courses: Qualifying exam final year/semester mark sheet, Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC category and experience certificate (if applicable) and Applications without Demand Draft or insufficient Demand Draft will be rejected. The Demand Draft or application of the rejected candidates will not be returned at any cost. No communication will be given against the rejected applications. Demand Draft or enclosures sent subsequently will not be considered. No interim enquiry or correspondence will be entertained. Candidates called for Entrance Test and Counseling must be present at the venue within the stipulated time failing which they will not be considered for Entrance Test or Counseling at any cost.
Eligible candidates can take printout of their Hall-Ticket for the Entrance Test from NIMHANS website only. Hall-Tickets will not be sent by post. List of qualified candidates for counseling will be notified on the Institute’s Notice Board and Website. No separate individual intimation will be given. The decision of the Director in all matters regarding selection will be final and no representation in any form will be entertained. The candidate must visit the website from time to time for all necessary details and updates on the above.
Last Date To Apply: 2nd December 2011
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, NIMHNS
P.B.No.2900, Hosur Road
Source URL: http://www.nimhans.kar.nic.in/aca_admission/default.htm